Monday, November 26, 2012

Blogger's Most Interesting Feature

One of the most under-rated features of Blogger, and surely the most often overlooked, is the "Schedule Post" feature.  It's listed under Post settings.

Normally, when you click "Publish," the Blog post will appear instantaneously.

When you Schedule the post to a specific date and time, it allows you to hand people the information as they're walking out the door, so to speak.  Not everybody is reading the internet at 4 in the morning (which is when I write most of this stuff).  Or shall I say, in my best LS Aristotle voice, "People of the future must know, so I schedule all my posts for the future."

In this case, I want you to find out about this at about 8:40pm on a Thursday.  So I'm going to set it to do just that.  Remind you when you need it the most.

If you have calibrated your blogging service with a system like Twitterfeed, then this will also delay the onset of announcement systems (Twitter) or the dreaded annoying Bluewall known as the Facebook.

When you're done, click "Done."
It's very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment